As Creative Director, you will lead FFW’s UX & Design team in tackling complex design projects and producing world-class experiences for our clients all across the US. You will manage our growing team of UX designers, UI designers and strategists and oversee the team through research, strategy, information architecture, interaction design, visual design and prototyping. At the forefront of all of this work is an overall strategy that you will define and maintain.
The role requires a deep understanding of the interplay between user goals and business strategy in a digital context, and the ability to set the vision and direction for all creative services. You must be an inclusive leader and mentor, and inspire and motivate the team to do great work and achieve great results. You will not only oversee project work, but also work closely with our Pre-Sales team to shape business development practices and to pitch new clients on why FFW is the best company to solve their digital challenges.
What you will be doing:
- Evangelizing FFW’s vision and capabilities in the UX and design space
- Developing and maintaining engagement and implementation strategy for the overall UX & Design team
- Managing and planning the work of the UX & Design team (currently 6 people) on all US projects
- Providing creative direction and feedback, and running regular standups and 1-on-1s
- Defining, implementing and evangelizing top notch design processes and practices
- Working closely with the sales teams to secure new business by pitching clients and estimating work
- Leading project work for key clients and setting the bar for the quality of the team’s work
Who you are:
- A proven leader of cross-disciplinary design teams in a fast-paced agency setting
- Experience with managing globally distributed teams is a significant benefit
- A strong working knowledge of the methods, tools and best practices of experience design, interaction design and visual design
- Excellent communication skills and ability to motivate both internal teams and external stakeholders
- Ability to prioritize, organize and manage resource needs across multiple projects
- A strategic and curious mindset with a keen eye for detail
What We Offer
FFW is an established agency with a startup mentality. We look for ambitious individuals who strive for new challenges and opportunities. Individuals that can take initiative and ownership over their work are recognized and rewarded.
- You will have the chance to work with some of the best known brands in the world.
- We offer travel, participation in conferences, and other professional development opportunities.
- Our benefits include health insurance coverage, paid time off, and performance bonuses.
Applicant will ideally be able to work out of one of our main US offices: Princeton, New Jersey; San Jose, California; Cambridge, MA. Remote applicants within the US are also welcome with the understanding that additional travel will be required.
FFW is a digital agency built on technology, driven by data, and focused on user experience. For more than 15 years, the world’s largest brands have relied on us to build accessible, creative, and user-friendly digital solutions that deliver results. We are more than 420 people across 11 countries, with a track record of over 1,000 digital solutions delivered since 2000.