For over 15 years, FFW has provided significant digital experiences to the world’s largest brands many within the Fortune 50 in finance, power, media, healthcare, and pharmaceuticals. FFW is a team of more than 400 people across 11 countries and growing fast. Not only do we work with large organizations, but we have a diverse portfolio across various verticals working on a variety of mission critical digital solutions. You can learn more about us here.
As we have grown our digital portfolio we are seeing increased demand for user-centered design engagements and are continuing to grow our UX & Design team. Clients that once came to us for our technical expertise are now interested in our ability to help them solve business challenges through design, thinking, and creativity.
Who we're looking for
To exceed these expectations we are seeking the very best design talent we can find. For the right individual that has an outstanding portfolio that includes UX, IA, and an eye for modern/clean web design design we offer a breakthrough opportunity to grow your career. We are seeking a candidate that is exemplarily in both disciplines of Visual Design and UX Design as our User Experience Lead.
This candidate will not only have a solid portfolio, but a passion for constantly learning and breaking new trends, a gift for handling face-to-face engagements, and pitches for clients. You would be solving critical business challenges for our clients and consistently delivering solutions with vision beyond their expectations.
What you'll do
This candidate will be in front-lines meeting with US clients, and will first and foremost be responsible for tackling complex design projects and producing world-class work for our clients. The candidate will lead our clients through discovery processes and research activities, define content strategy and information architecture, develop personas, user journeys and wireframes – and design engaging visual mockups and prototypes with the team.
This position is based out of our Boise, Idaho office, but can be based anywhere, though travel will be required. Reporting to our US Creative Director, this senior resource will not only be responsible for key projects, but will also work closely with the Director to help define processes and offerings, to help grow out a team of talented colleagues, to mentor younger designers, and to grow at the consistent rate that we have. This is an opportunity to be a leader and mentor, and the perfect candidate’s foundation is one whose creative vision will define our delivery team and shape our client’s digital future.
We know we are seeking a unicorn and maybe that special someone is you. We are not stuck on the title for this role: suggestions are welcome as long as you can step into this leading role and own it.
Can we have a discussion?
- Lead key client projects, including discovery processes and workshops to understand our clients’ needs and pain points, to identify target audiences and competitors, and to uncover goals, pain points and opportunities.
- Map out information architecture and user journeys in deliverables such as site maps, customer journey maps, personas, task flows and user stories.
- Design engaging and beautiful responsive websites, apps and other digital products in both wireframes and design mock-ups (we use both Sketch and Photoshop)
- Create interactive prototypes and refine interactions and animations (we use Invision and also do in-browser prototyping using HTML/CSS/JS).
- Help define and refine our design processes and methodologies
- Help grow the team and mentor young designers
Please include a link to your portfolio or relevant project descriptions with your application.