It's a new year, a time when companies traditionally rebuild or update their internet identities. This year, I'd like to encourage all of you who will undertake these projects to let the pros, true Drupal professional developers, oversee your project. In the end, you will save time, money and present a web message that will thoroughly impress viewers.
Too many companies have (understandably) tried to cut costs by working with independent web developers to build Drupal open source projects. But the reality is that most experienced developers are still learning Drupal "as they go along." And this is not a process that even the most skilled developer can master overnight. Believe me - we have seen too many projects stalled midway into the process when a "newbie" realizes he's in "over his head." Much to the client's dismay—these projects are sometimes impossible to salvage.
Simply stated, you get what you pay for. With Drupal, it can be possible to build a project that's 80% 'there'. But the remaining 20% of the development process is what will make or break your website. And that last 20% requires advanced Drupal skills, which most developers do not have.
FFW's web development team offers top-tier Drupal skills featuring:
- Drupal CMS Development
- Drupal Module Development
- Drupal Template Integration
- Drupal Extensions Development
A professional Drupal web development 'team' is worth the money every time. Why?
- You reap the benefits of a team's expertise, not just one person.
- A team offers a support network ready to quickly overcome challenges and obstacles.
- A team has processes in place for product testing and quality assurance which is performed well before your web project is live.
- When the time comes to change your completed project, independent developers or freelancers are often long gone—and you are stranded with a website that no longer suits your needs.
Feel free to give us a call to talk about your new project - even if we are just a sounding board for your ideas. Meanwhile, peruse our Portfolio page to see the scope of FFW's Drupal expertise.
All of us here at FFW wish you and your company all good things in 2010,
CEO, East Coast